With the social media influencer market booming, how do you find the right influencers to work with? And how do you engage their services? Enter social media influencer talent agencies. These agencies help connect you with influencers that are right for your brand, and they can also help you develop and execute a campaign on different social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook and TikTok. Read on to find out more about social media influencer talent agencies, and learn why they may (or may not) be right for your brand.
1. What is a social media influencer talent agency?
To put simply, an influencer talent agency is essentially the middle man between brands and influencers. They find and vet influencers, and negotiate fees and contracts. They may also work with brands to help develop a campaign strategy, and manage campaigns accordingly.
2. What do social media influencer talent agencies do?
Influencer talent agencies maintain relationships between brands and influencers. They also create and execute campaigns that are beneficial for all parties involved. Be it a single sponsored post on Instagram, or a long term project with different influencers, these agencies take on the role of developing and executing these campaigns. They also establish publishing schedules, review their influencers’ content and track campaigns and ensure that they achieve each brand’s goals.
3. Would working with a social media influencer talent agency be right for me?
If you are new to working with influencers, these agencies can help to streamline the process for you. They can also connect you with the right influencers for your brand, saving you time and effort trawling on the internet for the right individuals.
Engaging an agency also helps you to understand the inner workings of influencer marketing. For example, how much to pay for a campaign and how much do influencers charge. You can also tap into their expertise on campaign direction and designs. Since these agencies base their reputation on well-executed and effective campaigns, you can trust that they will work to deliver numbers and results.
So if you’re new to the world of influencer marketing or just prefer a more hands-off approach, it’s worth looking into a social media influencer agency that can take care of everything for you from start to finish.
4. Are there any disadvantages of working with an influencer agency?
Influencer marketing comes at a cost. Depending on the influencer, his/her clout and following, the campaign length and goals, engaging an influencer talent agency may preclude start ups or businesses with a smaller budget.
And with a growing number of agencies out there vying for your business, it can be hard to vet them and know which ones are reliable. It’s important to work with an agency that has good practices, which brings us to our next point…
5. What to look for in a social media talent agency?
You’ll want to work with an agency that’s professional and will be able to deliver what they claim to do. Here are few things to look for:
History and track record
How long has the agency been around? Do they have case studies or a portfolio of their previous campaigns, and the numbers they generated? Even though influencer marketing is a relatively new concept in the world of marketing, you’ll still want to work with a company that has experience and knows what they are doing.
Depth and types of influencers
How many influencers does the agency manage? If the agency is only working with big names that charges a high rate, it might not be the right fit for you if you’re working on a limited budget, or looking for micro to power middle influencers. It’s also worth making sure that the agency really has a contract with the influencers that they claim to manage and represent. Like this article mentioned, there are agencies out there who overstate their connections with influencers.
Types of services
What will the agency be able to do? Will they only be able to link you up with influencers and negotiate rates? Or will they be able to plan and execute a whole campaign for you?
Transparency with budgets
Are there any hidden costs for their services? There is still a lot of ambiguity out there when it comes to influencer pricing and rates. But a professional agency is upfront about budgets required and guides clients through any monetary considerations. They should also be an expert in budgeting and allocating ad spends. Simply put, there should not be any unexpected costs at the end or throughout a campaign, unless the client wants changes made.
Scope of social media platforms
Does the agency handle campaigns across different social media platforms? Or do they just focus on one such as Instagram or Facebook? Depending on what you’re looking for, it may make more sense to engage an agency that is able to customize your campaigns across different social media platforms. Otherwise, you may have to find a different agency and different influencers for every social media platform that you plan to market on.
6. Where should I look for a reputable social media talent agency?
With the rising trend of influencer marketing, several local and international agencies have established themselves to be key players. Whether you’re looking for a celebrity influencer or a micro influencer to increase your brand awareness, these reputable agencies can help drive your brand to success.
- TOP Influencer Agency – A global influencer marketing agency with offices all around the world (including Singapore), TOP boasts of a world-class team of influencer marketing specialists and strong connections with influencers from different fields.
- The Asia Collective – An influencer marketing agency specializing in global travel and lifestyle, The Asia Collective connects hospitality and lifestyle brands with an extensive network of influencers. They also manage and curate effective campaigns from A to Z!
- Titan Digital Media – A full service agency with in-house strategists, producers, designers, video production and marketing team, Titan Digital also houses a strong pool of influencers and creators to represent brands across different industries.
- The Influencer Network – An integrated influencer marketing and media network that connects brands to audiences through social influencers and digital spaces. The agency has over 1,500 influencers signed up with them.
- Gushcloud Talent Agency – Founded in Singapore, the agency has since expanded to other parts of Asia and the US. Today, they represent over 4,000 Asian and Western influencers across 10 cities.