If you are a freelancer, then chances are you’ve come across Fiverr, a renowned freelancing platform that is used by over 11,000,000 businesses. You may also be wondering how you can become a Fiverr Pro seller.
While Fiverr started out as a platform to outsource quick services for $5 each, it has now grown to a platform that many businesses rely on for some long-term and high level work. This is one of the reasons that informed the introduction of Fiverr Pro by Fiverr, back in 2017.
What Is Fiverr Pro?
Fiverr Pro is a program that features high level freelancers on the platform allowing them to offer Pro gigs. Unlike the regular gigs, Pro gigs are more advanced and the freelancers are more involved and engaged.
Businesses who have the budget are more likely to opt for Pro gigs because the Fiverr Pro Sellers have been thoroughly vetted by the Fiverr team, and thus the quality of work is assured.
People want to hire the right freelancers because time is a very important resource that businesses cannot afford to waste. Being a verified Pro seller on Fiverr thus gives you this credibility advantage.
How To Get Verified As A Pro Seller
To be verified as a Pro seller, you’ll need to apply by submitting your details through Fiverr’s SurveyMonkey powered application page form.
To do that, you’ll first need to have a Fiverr account. Signing up is easy. If you don’t have an account yet, you an easily create one and get started.
During the application process, you may be required to submit the following information
- References or list of previous clients
- Social media handles
- Years of experience
- Your portfolio
- Education credentials
- Other relevant achievements
- Links, case studies etc.
Be sure to have all these in order before starting the application for easier access,
Now that you have everything in order including your Fiverr account, it’s time to commence the application process.
- Visit this application page, sign in with your Fiverr account then click on the green “Apply Now’ button. This button appears on the right only after you’ve signed in. Before then, you won’t see this button.
- Once you’ve clicked on the Apply button, you will be taken to a page that has two tasks. Click on the first task which is labelled,” Application Form”
- Fill in all the details making sure that the email being shown in the email field is the same email that you used in creating your Fiverr account, and submit all the documentations required. Once done, click on submit to begin the review process.
- The Review process to becoming a Fiverr Pro seller consists of three rounds. The first round would be Technical Vetting. This is mainly to prove that you are knowledgeable about your service and that you can deliver.There will be 2 Professional Vetting rounds subsequently. This is where two different Fiverr managers will examine your work mannerisms, professionalism, quality and experience levels.The vetting process and methods vary from sub-category to another. The team can contact you directly if they need more information, thus providing the chance for you to really show them who you are and what you can do.
What Fiverr Categories are Eligible for Pro Gigs?
When it was first launched, Pro gigs were limited to only a few categories. However, three years down the line, Fiverr has expanded it to other categories. Notable ones include:
- Writing and Translation
- Graphic Design
- Video and Animation
- Digital Marketing
- Programming and Tech
- Music and Audio
Additional Things To Need to Know About Fiverr Pro Gigs
There are few things that are not popularly known about the program, some of which I’ve highlight in this section of the article:
You can turn your regular gigs within approved categories into Pro gigs. However there is a criteria is that your regular gig needs to have 25 reviews or less. If you have popular gigs that have more than 25 reviews, then you will have to recreate them, and pause the regular versions.
Fiverr approves approximately 1% of the applications, so being verified as a Pro Seller is not easy and may take a few weeks to finally get a verdict from the Team. You can still apply again if you are not accepted, but before you reapply make sure you have addressed all the concerns that might have let to your rejection.
Is Fiverr Pro For You
Though Fiverr Pro is an exclusive program where you can sell gigs at a premium, it may not be for everyone. You may want to check out the other article where we discuss the benefits of being a Fiverr Pro Seller as well as some disadvantages. We hope this article gives you a better understanding of Fiverr Pro. If you’d like to know more, or if you’re already a Pro Seller do let us know what you think of the program in the comments below.